IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT US
Here is some key information you need to know to help you understand what type of advice we are able to give you, so that you can make an informed and confident choice when engaging with us.
We operate under a current licence issued by the Financial Markets Authority in the name of: NZ Financial Services Group
FSPR Number: 286965
Name of Financial Advice Provider: Super City Mortgages and Insurance (Korean) Limited
Trading as: SuperCity Mortgages & Insurance
Our Financial Services Provider (FSP) number: 768531
You can contact us at:
Services we provide
Address: Level 26 HSBC Tower 188 Quay Street, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Phone: 0800 MORTGAGE
We will help you choose a loan that is suitable for your purpose from a panel of lenders (see below). Once we have chosen a lender and loan terms that are suitable for you, I will help you to obtain an approval.
Banks and lenders we use
We source loans from a panel of approved lenders. The current lenders we can use are:
Products I provide
ANZ, ASB, BNZ, Westpac, Kiwibank, First Mortgage Trust, SBS, Sovereign, The Cooperative bank, TSB, ASAP, Avanti Finance, Basecorp Finance, Cressida Capital, DBR, Flexigroup, Funding Partners, Heartland Bank, Liberty, NZCU, Prospa, Resimac, Southern Cross Partners, Select, Spotcap, XE Money transfer
The types of financial advice products we can give advice on are:
Home Loans, Investment Loans, Construction Loans, Commercial Loans, Personal Loans.
Although we do not provide advice on KiwiSaver, investments, personal risk, fire & general insurance, legal, tax and accounting services, we can refer you to professionals who do provide such advice.
We are unable to offer legal or tax advice and recommend you consult your solicitor or accountant for this.
Any advice we give in relation to KiwiSaver withdrawal for a first home purchase is limited to factual information on what can be withdrawn and the process for this, and does not extend to whether or not this is in your best interests. Please consult an investment adviser for advice on retirement savings.
Our duties and obligations to you
We have duties and obligations under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 relating to the way I give advice. We are required to:
- Ensure you understand the nature and scope of advice you ask us to provide.
- Provide a service that is relevant to that agreed scope of advice and suitable to your circumstances and needs.
- Listen to your needs, concerns, preferences and to treat you fairly and with respect.
- Act with integrity and give priority to your interests and not my own.
- Exercise care diligence and skill.
- Meet the necessary standards of competence, knowledge, and skill required.
- Ensure you understand my recommendations and any associated risks.
- Keep you informed along the way and communicate in a timely, clear, and effective manner.
This is only a summary of the duties that I have. More information is available by visiting the Financial Markets Authority website at: www.fma.govt.nz/compliance/role/financial-advice-provider/#dapDuties
Fees and expenses
Generally we won’t charge you any fees for the financial advice I provide to you. This is possible because, on settlement of a loan, we usually receive commission from the lender. Any exceptions to this general position are explained below.
We may charge you a one-off fee if the following occurs:
Conflicts of interest
- When we don’t receive commission from the lender: If you request that I provide financial advice and we do not receive a commission from the lender, we may charge you a one-off fee. Any such fee would be agreed and authorised by you in writing before we complete the services, and would be based on an estimate of the time spent providing the advice.(This may arise in the rare event that you request that we provide services in relation to either a product that is offered by a lender that we do not hold an accreditation with, or a product that is outside my usual arrangements with my product providers).
- When we have to repay commission to the lender: If a lender requires that we repay commission within 28 months of settlement of your loan, we may charge you a one-off fee. Any such fee would be no more than $2,500 (plus GST) and would be calculated based on a rate of $250 (plus GST) per hour of our time spent providing financial advice to you in connection with the applicable loan. The fee we charge you will not exceed the amount of commission we have to repay to the lender. You will be invoiced for any one-off fee and will be given 30 days to make payment.
How we get paid
On settlement of a mortgage we usually receive commission from the applicable product provider. The commission is generally of an upfront nature but may also include a trail commission. We also receive a fixed rate roll over fee from some product providers if we assist in refixing your loan.
To ensure that we prioritise your interests above our own, we follow an advice process that ensures our recommendations are based on your objectives, needs and circumstances. We further manage possible conflicts of interest by:
- Always recommending the best product for your purpose regardless of the type and amount of commission I will receive.
- Having access to a range of product providers
- Ensuring the amount of any loan is in accordance with your identified needs.
Providing you with the below table showing commission rates and types by product provider. The commission I receive on loans is calculated as a percentage of the loan.
Lender Upfront% Trail% Refix ($)
ANZ 0.85% 0.00% $150.00
Westpac 0.60% 0.20% $0.00
BNZ 0.55% 0.15% $0.00
ASB 0.85% 0.00% $150.00
ASAP Finance Limited 0.80% 0.00% $0.00
Avanti Finance 0.80% 0.00% $0.00
Cressida 1.00% 0.00% $0.00
DBR 1.00% 0.00% $0.00
First Mortgage Trust 1.00% 0.00% $0.00
Heartland Bank 1.50% 0.00% $0.00
NZCU 1.00% 0.00% $0.00
Pepper Money 0.60% 0.15% $0.00
RESIMAC 0.60% 0.15% $0.00
SBS Bank 0.80% 0.00% $150.00
SELECT 0.60% 0.15% $0.00
Southern Cross 1.00% 0.00% $0.00
The Co-operative Bank 0.70% 0.00% $150.00
TSB 0.85% 0.00% $0.00
BOC 0.88% 0.00% $0.00
Kiwibank 0.45% 0.15% $0.00
Zip Business 0.00% 0.00% $0.00
Basecorp Finance 0.85% 0.00% $150.00
CFML 0.85% 0.00% $150.00
As soon as I know the type of loan and amount we are putting in place, and that it has been accepted by the lender, I will let you know the amount and frequency of the commission received.
Payments for referred services
For Fire & General insurance referrals SuperCity Mortgages & Insurance (SCMI) may receive commission from Tower Insurance or PIC Insurance Brokers. For personal risk referrals, SCMI may receive a referral commission from the Insurance Adviser. We do not receive any commission or fees from any Lawyer or Accountant or Investment Adviser we have referred you to.
What if something goes wrong
If you are not satisfied with our service or financial advice, please tell us as soon as possible so that we can try and resolve this for you to the best of our ability. It is our intention to provide the best possible service we can for our clients and will do our best to try and resolve any complaint received as quickly and effectively as possible.
You can make a complaint by emailing hello@supercitymortgages, or by calling: 021 884181. You can also write to us at: Level 26, HSBC Tower, 188 Quay Street, Auckland 1010.
We will follow our internal complaint process:
- We will consider your complaint and let you know how we intend to resolve it. Where possible, we try to resolve your complaint immediately.
- If we are unable to resolve your complaint immediately, we will acknowledge your complaint within 2 business days. We may contact you to get further information about your complaint.
- We aim to resolve complaints within 10 working days of receiving them. If we need more time to investigate your complaint, we will let you know when you can expect to receive a response to your complaint
- We will contact you by phone, email, or letter to let you know whether we can resolve your complaint and how we propose to do so.
If we cannot agree on how to fix the issue, or if you decide not to use our internal complaints scheme, you can contact our external disputes resolution scheme, Financial Service Complaints Ltd. They provide a free and independent dispute resolution service that may help to investigate or resolve your complaint if we haven’t been able to do so to your satisfaction.
Details of this service are:
Availability of Information
Financial Services Complaints Limited
0800 347 257
This information can be provided in hardcopy upon your request.